Landaviddy Lane, Polperro PL13 2RT
Things to Do
Landaviddy Farm is near Polperro and Looe and is well placed for exploring the many attractions in Cornwall.
The South West Coast Path
For the energetic, the South West Coast Path offers miles of scenic walks, running westward from Polperro to Polruan and Fowey and east from Polperro to Looe and on to Seaton beach and Whitsand Bay with magnificent views towards Rame Head (pictured above).
The pretty fishing village of Polperro with its narrow streets and quaint cottages leading down to the harbour is a short drive.
From the harbour, fishing trips run around the coast and there are an abundance of eating places offering good food including fresh fish caught by the local fishermen.
Looe with its large sandy family beach is nearby. Looe is a working fishing village with fishing boats moored by the quay and a vibrant fish market.
There is a good selection of restaurants and pubs, where you can sample the local fish dishes, as well as cafes serving delicious Cornish cream teas and the iconic Cornish pasty.
Glass bottom boat trips and deep sea shark fishing trips run from the quay at Looe.
A train ride along the Looe Valley to the market town of Liskeard makes an enjoyable car free day out.
Eden Project - an hour's drive
Landaviddy Farm is ideally situated for exploring the many attractions in Cornwall which include:
- Talland Bay and Lantic Bay
- Fowey (Daphne Du Maurier country)
- Cotehele (National Trust)
- Antony (National Trust)
- Lanhydrock (National Trust)
- Mount Edgcumbe House and Country Park
- Looe Golf Club at Bindown, Looe
- Carnglaze Slate Cavern
- Jamaica Inn on Bodmin moor
- The Bodmin and Wenford Steam Railway
- The Eden Project (30 mins drive)
- The Lost Gardens of Heligan
- Trelissick Garden (National Trust)
- Trerice (National Trust)
- The National Maritime Museum